Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My E-Day Voting Experience

Election day is finally here after 11 months of ads, slander and stump speeches.

Throughout the early morning I saw lines out of the doors of every polling place I passed, everywhere I went people were very excited about voting.

When I went to McDonalds to get some breakfast, a normally empty restaurant was packed with people who were either coming from voting or on their way to vote.

Everybody was talking about a certain issue or a certain candidate that made them want to vote...it nearly brought a tear to my eye.

If I had one complaint, it would be....WHERE WERE YOU FOOLS FOUR OR EIGHT YEARS AGO?!?

I understand that sometimes it takes a serious event to compel people to vote, but did it have to get this bad? Over 4000 troops had to die in Iraq, the stock market had to crash and millions of jobs had to go into the toilet for people to actually care about who runs this country again.

I'm not complaining, i'm just saying.

I'll be watching the numbers roll in tonight just like everybody else, it's time to find out if white people really have the heart to vote for a black man to lead the country.

No comments: