Monday, August 25, 2008

And We're Off!

Let the Games begin!

On the heels of one competition filled with controversy and questionable results, the Democratic National Convention begins today in Denver.

Hillary Clinton, playing the role of the Chinese, wasted no time bringing up her suspect popular vote total.

"Remember: 18 million people voted for me - 18 million people, give or take, voted for Barack," Clinton said to Eloise Harper of ABC News.

She followed that comment with this gem.

"There is no doubt in anyone's mind that this is Barack Obama's convention as it should be. And there is no doubt that what we are doing is tying to bring everybody together."

"It would have been the same way if I had won and Barack was here supporting the unity of the party," Clinton said.

Somehow, I have trouble believing her, I can't put my finger on why that could be though.

In good news, Senator Ted Kennedy is in attendance at the convention, and will appear at a tribute.

No comments: