Thursday, July 3, 2008

Wait . . . what?



Dan Quayle almost sort of endorses Obama. Go on, take your time and read what I linked to. I'll wait.

. . .


. . .

Now the question is why. Not "why does a Republican like Dan Quayle have so many nice things to say about Obama," but "why was Dan Quayle even asked about this (or any) pertinent topic?" I mean, I guess he used to be Vice President. But so did Walter Mondale, and he's just another crazy old Minnesotan, like a less-entertaining Walter Matthau.

Basically, Quayle respects Obama for beating the Clintons and hopes McCain wins, even though he thinks the odds are against him.

But I still can't get over Dan Quayle actually being in the news. I thought he went away with Crystal Pepsi and TV's "Perfect Strangers."

Oh, and he thought this would be a Romney/Hill Dawg election. Well, zero out of two isn't bad.

No comments: